Weekly Student Senate meetings happen every Monday, but each one is a little different. Here are six occurrences/updates from this meeting:
- Every single club, senator, and exec member were in attendance to open the meeting — a rare occurrence.
- There are two open spots to become a Class of 2018 student senator.
- After one month of classes, the Student Senate has allotted 26% of its yearly budget, which was $91,511 to start the academic year.
- Order of the Bullet, Economics Research Club, and The Fed Challenge Club were approved as Student Senate clubs.
- One student concern was the College Union Building (CUB) not having the same campus traffic as in the past due to the renovations, and this having an affect on the clubs and organizations who advertise events at the tables there. This issue was moved to be addressed in the Student Opinions Committee.
- Another student concern was the weak Wi-Fi coverage.