Gettysburgians have it pretty good when it comes to campus food. Servo has been nationally ranked among college dining halls a few times. I’m sure when your friends visit, they compliment the variety and high quality of our cuisine. However, at one point, we all fall into complacency and begin to feel like Servo food just isn’t cutting it.
So what do you do when you simply refuse to eat another plate of breaded chicken over linguini for dinner? Here are some easy Servo recipe ideas for a DIY meal:
- Grilled Chicken Salad – check out the Grill for a grilled chicken patty (or perhaps the deli bar for other free floating proteins), cut it up, and dress up your salad with i
- Quesadilla – Grab a tortilla from the bread cabinet, cheese (ideally the shredded cheese they sometimes put in the salad bar, but if not, select your ideal queso from the deli), whatever kind of veggies/protein you want, and toss it in the panini maker! If they don’t have sour cream, the plain greek yogurt works like a charm!
- PB Banana Sandwich – (or toast!)
- Cucumber and Cream Cheese Sandwich – don’t knock it till you try it!
- Grilled Tomato and Cheese & Soup du Jour – use the panini station to make your own grilled cheese (less greasy than the Grill’s!) and customize with some tomatoes or meats or whatever, and grab a bowl of soup.
- Cheerios and Bananas – grab a bowl of cereal and slice some fruit over it!
Looks can be deceiving! This amateur attempt at #4 was a fine substitute to Monday night’s entrees!
Brittany Maronna ’19 chowin’ down on some #3!
Got some better ideas? Comment your favorite last resort Servo meals!