If you are strolling around campus and looking for other quick options outside of the usual campus food, two new food trucks have begun business recently: The VanGO and NY Gyro. And before the question is asked, they do not accept Dining Dollars.
This truck is owned and operated by the Garryowen Irish Pub, located at 126 Chambersburg Street. It will be out and around the Gettysburg Borough with a new gourmet street food menu each week. The truck can also act as a vendor for festivals and large outdoor parties. They have been spotted near 200 Carlisle Street on multiple occasions. Times and locations are subject to change.
Tuesday (lunchtime) – Lincoln Square
Wednesday (lunchtime) – in front of the court house at 111 Baltimore Street
Thursday (lunchtime) – Lincoln Ave.
Friday and Saturday (late nights like 10 p.m.) – in front of the pub
Call (717) 337-2719 for more info and ask for Vish, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SCROLL below to see last week’s menu options.
This truck is owned and operated by two gentleman, who grew tired of New York and decided to move down to Gettysburg. Their specialty is Mediterranean food, and the platters are freshly cooked — and done on the spot. They currently are situated in the Citi Mart parking lot at 150 Carlisle Street. They plan on eventually using the Citi Mart ice cream shop for business. Hours are subject to change.
Sunday – Friday: 12 noon – 12 midnight
Saturday and Sunday: 12 noon – 2 a.m.
Call 1-917-723-1490 for more info.
The VanGO (week of 3/19)
- Lamb seekh kebab (sandwich) – $6
- Chicken tandoori kebab (sandwich) – $4
- Pork belly sandwich – $5
- Cheeseburger – $5
- Gyro (spiced lamb and beef) – $6
- Poutine (fries w/ cheese and gravy) – $6
- Chips w/ curry, peppercorn, smithwicks BBQ, garlic mayo or chipotle mayo – $3
- Drinks: water, coke, diet coke, sprite
- Menu Platters served w/ rice, salad, pita bread, white sauce – $7
- Chicken, beef, lamb, or kebab
- Combo Platters served w/ falafel over rice with pita bread – $8
- Lamb & Beef OR Lamb & Chicken
- Pita Rolls – $5
- Chicken, lamb, kebab, beef, falafel